815 Dental Studio
A dental bridge is a permanent or fixed restoration that will replace a single missing tooth or several teeth. The appliance features several components that are fused together to fill the vacant space. Dental bridges bridge the gap between two adjoining teeth. The dental bridge is a false crown called a pontic, which is supported by the abutment teeth on both sides of the space. The pontic can be created from several materials but usually are made from porcelain to aesthetically match the shade of your natural teeth.
Dr. Anthony and the entire elite team at 815 Dental Studio focus on bringing dazzling and beautiful smiles to every family we get the opportunity to work with. We offer the best general family dental and cosmetic procedures services. We can manage your entire family’s dental needs. We are adept in all general dental procedures, from preventative cleanings and examinations to extractions, periodontal treatments, and restorations such as crowns and fillings. We are also skilled in many cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays, onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and other methods to both restore and maintain your healthy and natural smile.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of a dental bridge for yourself, our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio has created an amazing team offering superb dental services in a refreshing and relaxing environment.
Replacing a tooth or several missing teeth can be easily achieved with a dental bridge. If you are missing a tooth, you may feel more self-conscious about your appearance, but the impact of a missing tooth goes beyond your smile. Health issues can emerge from a missing tooth including even more tooth loss, decay, bite alignment, and more. Your natural teeth will shift and drift into the open space changing your bite, and the gums will become more susceptible to disease.
Is a Dental Bridge Best for You?
Some factors that make you a viable candidate for a dental bridge include:
- Missing one or several of your natural teeth.
- Having healthy and strong teeth and good bone structure to support the bridge.
- Having no health problems, or severe health conditions, or infections.
- Your teeth and gums are healthy.
- You understand you need to practice good oral hygiene to maintain the condition of your dental bridge.
The conscientious team at 815 Dental Studio will discuss your factors with you before deciding whether a bridge is the correct solution.
Benefits and Advantages of a Dental Bridge
Dental bridges can provide a number of benefits, including:
- They will restore a healthy and natural look to your mouth and your smile.
- A dental bridge will restore your ability to chew efficiently.
- You maintain your normal facial structure by preventing jawbone atrophy at the site of the missing tooth.
- The dental bridge will prevent the neighboring teeth from shifting into the gap, which can cause problems with your bite alignment and create additional complications.
The Different Types of Dental Bridges
There are four primary types of dental bridges:
- Traditional dental bridge- A traditional dental bridge is a pontic supported in place with dental crowns that have been put over each of the abutment teeth. A traditional bridge is the most popular type of dental bridge when you have healthy natural teeth on both sides of the gap.
- Maryland dental bridge- Much like a traditional bridge, a Maryland dental bridge still uses the two natural abutment teeth, one on each side. Instead of placing crowns on those teeth, a Maryland bridge uses a framework of metal or porcelain which is cemented onto the backside of the two abutment teeth.
- Cantilever dental bridge- Also, like a traditional bridge, the artificial crown in a cantilever dental bridge is secured in place by a single crown that is cemented to just one abutment tooth. You only need one natural tooth next to the gap for support.
- Implant-supported dental bridge- Implant-supported bridges use dental implants for support instead of crowns or frameworks. One implant is surgically placed in the jawbone for every missing tooth, and these implants support the restoration bridge. If an implant for each missing tooth is not possible, the bridge may have a pontic suspended between two implant-supported crowns.
This option is considered the strongest and most stable restoration. It usually requires two appointments, the first to surgically place the implants in the jawbone and the second to mount the bridge. It may take several months for this restoration to be completed.
WE’RE ALL ABOUT
We are passionate about our patient's comfort, and we are always striving to give you the best experience while you are in our office.
MEET OUR DENTIST
ALISSA ANTHONY, DMD
With unique energy and a positive spirit, Dr. Anthony provides our patients with quality dentistry while making her patients feel comfortable in the dental chair. Her entire team at 815 Dental Studio reflects her smiling, patient-focused and passionate approach to oral health.
YOUR FIRST VISIT at
815 dental studio
Experts in general dentistry, from cleanings and checkups to extractions, periodontal treatments, and fillings, we are also highly trained in cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, clear aligners, and other ways to give you straight white teeth.
The Dental Bridge Process
The procedure of having a dental bridge placed in your mouth can be finished in just a few simple steps. The first step includes preparing the abutment teeth to support the bridge. The second step is to make either a physical or digital impression of your teeth and your arch for the dental lab to fabricate the bridge.
The physical impression, or the digital scan, will be sent to the lab, and after a few weeks, a new custom bridge will be ready for your final placement at 815 Dental Studio. We will first place the bridge to make sure it is the proper shape, size, color, and texture. We then will secure the restoration to the abutment teeth using dental bonding cement. This cement is permanent, so once the bridge is placed, it becomes a fixed restoration.
It is important to care for your new dental bridge as you would properly care for your natural teeth. If you do not care for them correctly, dental bridges can result in irritation, infection, and even decay to your natural teeth. It is essential to maintain your consistent dental appointments after the placement of your dental bridge.
815 Dental Studio is All About Patient Satisfaction
Your satisfaction starts with our skills and services, and we provide results with advanced, innovative technology and clinical care. Your comfort and trust in our team and our efforts is essential.
Therefore, we put an emphasis on a staff of highly capable, energetic, and genuinely nice people. A happy team results in happy patients.
Besides serving as the leading cosmetic dental practice in Northern Illinois, improving smiles with dental implants, Invisalign, veneers and whitening, we provide general oral healthcare services daily to local families and patients.
We are an energetic and dynamic team, constantly expanding on our knowledge, our skills, and our dental technology to better serve you. Call us today about a possible dental bridge for you. Our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio is a team that you will look forward to visiting for your 6-month checkups. Each member of our team is proud to be kind, thoughtful, and caring.