815 Dental Studio
When an emergency dental situation happens, it can be stressful and can impact anyone at any time. Rest assured, our team at 815 Dental Studio will promptly schedule an appointment to treat you.
Emergency dentistry care could be the result of a neglected issue that has developed into being painful. You can avoid this from occurring by practicing proactive oral hygiene habits and complimenting your efforts with a dental exam every six months. This preventative approach allows 815 Dental Studio to address issues before they become emergent.
Dr. Anthony and the entire hand-selected team at 815 Dental Studio focus on bringing healthy smiles to every family we get the opportunity to work with. We provide quality general family dental and cosmetic procedures services. We can manage your entire family’s dental needs. We are experts in all general dental procedures, from preventative cleanings and examinations to extractions, periodontal treatments, and restorations such as crowns and fillings. We are also skilled in a wide variety of cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays, onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and other methods to restore and maintain your healthy and natural smile.
If you are interested in learning more about creating an emergency dentistry plan for yourself or your family, our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio has compiled an amazing team offering superb dental services in a soothing and relaxing environment.
Understanding Common Emergency Dentistry Situations
help you avoid unnecessary complications later.
- Uncomfortable Toothaches- Toothache pain can easily become intense. Tooth pain can be the result of an infection, a dental abscess, or decay that has reached the nerves in your tooth. If the tooth pain continues, you should consider this a dental emergency. Call 815 Dental Studio immediately, and follow these tips until your appointment:
- Rinse your mouth with salt water to kill bacteria and prevent swelling.
- Hold a cold compress periodically against the cheek.
- Make sure there is not any food near the sore tooth by flossing.
- We will examine the tooth and use x-rays to identify the specific source of the pain.
- A Knocked-Out Tooth- A knocked-out tooth is traumatic. Call us immediately. If you can see us at 815 Dental Studio within an hour, there is a chance we can re-insert the tooth into the socket and save it. Pick up the knocked-out tooth by the crown, run it under cold water, and do not dry it. Place it back into the socket, and bite down gently to hold it in place until you reach us. Or you can place it in a glass of milk. Our emergency treatment will clean the socket and then re-insert the tooth into the socket. We might use a splint to hold the tooth in place, allowing it to fuse with the jawbone in several weeks.
- A Broken or Cracked Tooth- If you chip or break a tooth it is best to see us at 815 Dental Studio as soon as you can. We might be able to reattach the broken piece. Save the broken piece, rinse it in warm water, and put it in a glass of milk to bring to your appointment. If there is pain, address it by taking an over-the-counter pain reliever. Hold an ice pack against your cheek, and if there is bleeding, bite down on a piece of gauze to stop it.
- A Lost or Damaged Filling- If you crack or chip a dental filling, call 815 Dental Studio and schedule an appointment. If you completely lose a filling, place some sugar-free gum in the hole. We can replace the filling within a few days. If there is intense pain, call us so we can place a new filling immediately.
- A Dental Abscess- This is an infection that occurs around a tooth root. It can cause serious pain and can be harmful if it is allowed to spread into the jawbone. It is crucial to get emergency treatment for a dental abscess quickly. If you are experiencing severe pain or a fever, call 815 Dental Studio immediately. As with a toothache, use cold compresses, salt-water rinses, and eat just soft foods. A root canal procedure may be the solution or even an extraction.
- A Lost Crown- A lost crown can be considered an emergency dentistry situation, but you can wait a few days for treatment. You can put clove oil on the tooth to alleviate soreness or you can apply denture glue to the tooth and replace the crown. Do not use super glue. If you do not wish to place the crown back on the tooth, keep it in a plastic bag until you see us.
- Loose Braces Brackets- A loose braces bracket is not considered an emergency dentistry issue, but it is good to see 815 Dental Studio soon. You can apply orthodontic wax to hold the loose bracket in place. If an archwire breaks, this is also an emergency that can wait. To keep the wire from poking your cheek, use an eraser to bend it back against your teeth. Never cut the wire!
- An Oral Injury- If you have suffered an injury that causes bleeding, you should consider visiting the emergency room. The ER doctor can suture any external cuts and then refer you to an available emergency dentist for your teeth or soft tissues. Apply pressure on the injured area to control the bleeding until you reach the emergency room. Rinse your mouth with cool water to control any bleeding.
WE’RE ALL ABOUT
We are passionate about our patient's comfort, and we are always striving to give you the best experience while you are in our office.
MEET OUR DENTIST
ALISSA ANTHONY, DMD
With unique energy and a positive spirit, Dr. Anthony provides our patients with quality dentistry while making her patients feel comfortable in the dental chair. Her entire team at 815 Dental Studio reflects her smiling, patient-focused and passionate approach to oral health.
YOUR FIRST VISIT at
815 dental studio
Experts in general dentistry, from cleanings and checkups to extractions, periodontal treatments, and fillings, we are also highly trained in cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, clear aligners, and other ways to give you straight white teeth.
815 Dental Studio is All About Patient Satisfaction
Your satisfaction begins with our skills and services, and we achieve solid results with advanced, innovative technology and clinical care. Your comfort and trust in our team and our efforts is vital.
Therefore, we put an emphasis on a staff of highly capable, energetic, and genuinely nice people. A happy team provides results to happy patients.
Besides serving as the leading cosmetic dental practice in Northern Illinois, improving smiles with implants, Invisalign, veneers, and whitening, we provide general oral healthcare services daily to local families and patients.
We are an energetic and dynamic team, constantly expanding on our knowledge, our skills, and our dental technology to better serve you. Call us today about scheduling a consultation to develop an emergency dentistry plan for you or your family. Our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio is a team that you will look forward to visiting for your 6-month checkups. Every member of our team is proud to be thoughtful, caring, and kind.