815 Dental Studio
Sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder that occurs when your breathing stops during sleep. People with untreated sleep apnea stop breathing repeatedly during sleep, sometimes up to hundreds of times. These breathing lapses directly result in inferior sleep quality, which affects your body’s supply of oxygen, which can result in more serious health consequences. Your brain and your vital organs might not be getting enough oxygen.
Sleep apnea is a widespread problem. It can affect all ages and both sexes, but it is more common in men. According to the National Sleep Foundation, over eighteen million Americans suffer from some level of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is the result of several reasons, but the most common cause is from the muscles in your throat weakening, your tongue being too large, or your jaw being too small, any of which result in the obstruction to your airway.
Dr. Anthony and the complete, hand-selected team at 815 Dental Studio focus on bringing beautiful and healthy smiles to every family we get the opportunity to work with. We offer quality general family dental and cosmetic procedures services. We frequently manage the entire family’s dental needs. We are experts in all general dental procedures, from preventative cleanings and examinations to extractions, periodontal treatments, and restorations such as crowns and fillings. We are also extremely skilled in numerous cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays, onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and other methods to both restore and maintain your healthy and natural smile.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of sleep apnea treatment for yourself or your family, our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio has established a wonderful team offering superb dental services in a calming and relaxing environment.
The Common Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Due to the potential health impact, it is wise for you to be aware of what sleep apnea is and to recognize any symptoms and causes. Call 815 Dental Studio for an evaluation if you believe you could be dealing with sleep apnea.
The most common signs associated with sleep apnea include:
- Your snoring is loud.
- You wake up during the night gasping for air.
- Your throat is extremely dry when you wake up.
- You suffer from persistent and continuous fatigue.
- A consistent and chronic headache every morning.
- Nagging memory loss or brain fog.
- You experience mood swings, depression, or other mood disorders.
How 815 Dental Studio Diagnoses Your Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is often discovered when your partner complains about your snoring. If you have had this happen, 815 Dental Studio will first examine the surfaces of your teeth to look for signs of grinding. If you are suffering from bruxism, which is the grinding of your teeth, caused by sleep apnea, more oral health issues will develop.
You can trust your team at 815 Dental Studio when it comes to recognizing any signs of sleep apnea. When you see us every six months for your regular checkup, we ask simple questions to identify and if necessary, create a treatment plan to combat your sleeping disorder. We will use various diagnostic measures to evaluate your sleep habits and determine the severity of your condition. We will also collaborate with your physician for the proper diagnosis and discuss options to address your sleep apnea.
The Health Risks Associated with Sleep Apnea
A common misconception about sleep apnea is that it is not a significant health issue. Although your snoring is annoying, sleep apnea can result in more serious health issues occurring, including:
- Nagging Fatigue
- Energy Sapping Depression
- Chronic Headaches
- Elevated Blood Pressure
- Memory Loss
- Increased Risk of Diabetes
- Diminished Sex Drive
- The increased Risk of Heart Disease
- A Life Changing Heart Attack
- A Stroke
If you believe you could have sleep apnea, please just find the time to get evaluated at 815 Dental Studio. By doing so could have a compelling positive impact on your overall health and prevent serious issues from occurring.
WE’RE ALL ABOUT
We are passionate about our patient's comfort, and we are always striving to give you the best experience while you are in our office.
MEET OUR DENTIST
ALISSA ANTHONY, DMD
With unique energy and a positive spirit, Dr. Anthony provides our patients with quality dentistry while making her patients feel comfortable in the dental chair. Her entire team at 815 Dental Studio reflects her smiling, patient-focused and passionate approach to oral health.
YOUR FIRST VISIT at
815 dental studio
Experts in general dentistry, from cleanings and checkups to extractions, periodontal treatments, and fillings, we are also highly trained in cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, clear aligners, and other ways to give you straight white teeth.
Sleep Apnea Treatment Options
There are various treatment solutions available. Some treatments will address the primary cause of your sleep apnea while others will reduce the symptoms. Consulting with the trained team at 815 Dental Studio will identify which treatment option is best for you.
- A Lifestyle Change: Sleep apnea can often be corrected by addressing some daily habits and improving your personal care. If you are interested in pursuing nonsurgical methods and treating the problem naturally, there are options available. By exercising more, eating healthy, and reducing or even eliminating nicotine and alcohol will have positive results in reducing your sleep apnea symptoms. Being proactive in controlling your stressors, either with mindfulness, yoga, a massage, or a reduced workload, can also help reduce or eliminate sleep apnea.
- Oral Appliance Therapy: 815 Dental Studio can help by providing an oral appliance, much like a mouthguard, which you put in at night. It is designed to gently open your airway during sleep, minimizing the obstructions, and making it comfortable and easier to breathe. Research has proven the oral appliance can be as effective as a CPAP machine for mild to moderate sleep apnea.
- CPAP Machine: A CPAP Machine is a popular treatment solution for sleep apnea. The CPAP machine delivers pressurized air with a mask that is placed over your nose and mouth during your sleep. This is an effective method to keep your airways from collapsing.
- Surgery: If you have altered your daily lifestyle habits and still suffer from sleep apnea, there are surgical options that can be considered to widen your breathing passageways.
815 Dental Studio is All About Patient Satisfaction
Your satisfaction begins with our skills and services, and we provide results with advanced, innovative technology and clinical care. Your comfort and trust in our team and our efforts is critical for positive outcomes.
Which is why we put an emphasis on a staff of highly capable, energetic, and genuinely nice people. A happy team results in happy patients.
Besides serving as the leading cosmetic dental practice in Northern Illinois, improving smiles with implants, Invisalign, veneers, and whitening, we provide general oral healthcare services daily to local families and patients.
We are an effective and dynamic team, constantly expanding on our knowledge, our skills, and our dental technology to better serve you. Call us today about scheduling an evaluation for sleep apnea for you. Our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio is a team that you will look forward to visiting for your 6-month checkups. Each compassionate member of our team is thoughtful, kind, and caring.