Night Guard / Mouth Guard
815 Dental Studio
A night guard or a mouth guard is a removable appliance that covers and protects your teeth and gums to prevent or reduce injury to all parts of your mouth.
Night guards and mouth guards are often recommended for several oral health issues, the most common being that of TMJ/TMD or Bruxism. Mouth guards are used to participate in sports or any intense physical activity, are affordable, and do not require a prescription. Night guards are created in a dental lab and are custom designed explicitly for your bite.
Dr. Anthony and the entire, select team at 815 Dental Studio focus on bringing bright and beautiful smiles to the families we get the opportunity to work with. We deliver quality general family dental and cosmetic procedures services. We will manage all your family’s dental needs. We are experts in all general dental procedures, from preventative cleanings and examinations to extractions, periodontal treatments, and restorations such as crowns and fillings. We are also skilled in many cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays, onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and other methods to restore a healthy and natural smile.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of a night guard or a mouth guard for you or a family member, our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio has built an astonishing team offering superb dental services in an amazingly relaxing environment for all ages.
Night guards and mouth guards are easy and effective treatments for preventing damage to your teeth, your jaw, and your overall oral health. If you are experiencing headaches, chronic jaw pain, or daily restlessness from disrupted sleep, then 815 Dental Studio can design a night guard to address your TMJ/TMD or Bruxism.
More Details on TMJ/TMD
TMJ/TMD are oral health ailments that develop in your jaw. If left untreated, these disorders can result in acute damage to your teeth and your jawbone.
TMJ, the temporomandibular joint, connects your jaw to the temporal bones of your skull and allows movement up and down and side to side. When this joint becomes inflamed, symptoms will progress from headaches to numbness in your face, pain, ringing in your ears, or a jaw that becomes difficult to open.
TMJ disorders are classified into one of three categories:
- Myogenous TMJ problems: The most frequent type of TMD, Myogenous TMJ disorders include muscle related pain. These disorders are often treated successfully with night guards and even BOTOX® treatment.
- Jaw joint generated pain: This is when the pain is the result of an internal derangement of TMJ, which might be from an injury to the condyles, a displaced disc within the TMJ, or a dislocated jaw.
- Degenerative joint disease: This disorder is caused by health issues such as rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
The specific cause of TMJ/TMD can be difficult to pinpoint, but potential contributing factors can be:
- Genetic predisposition
- Dislocation of the Cushioning Disc
More Details on Bruxism
Bruxism is unhealthy and is identified by the clenching, grinding, or gnashing of your teeth. Bruxism can happen during the day or while sleeping. If you suffer from sleep bruxism, you may also have issues such as snoring or sleep apnea.
Common signs of bruxism include:
- Jaw Pain
- Worn Teeth
- Fractures or Loose Teeth
- Hearing Loss
The Different Types of Night Guards and Mouth Guards
- A Soft Night Guard- This is a common type of night guard for mild cases of Bruxism and not for severe teeth grinders. It is comfortable, adaptable, easy to use, and lower in price. It is not durable and is not for the long-term.
- Dual Laminate Night Guard- This night guard is for moderate teeth grinders. It is solid on the outside and soft on the inside. It inhibits heavy clenching and grinding and is more durable. It is thicker and more difficult to get used to.
- Hard Night Guard- Hard acrylic night guards are very rigid and durable. These are for severe cases of grinding, as well as TMJ. These are extremely durable; they will prevent your teeth from shifting and last much longer. They are custom made from an accurate dental impression at 815 Dental Studio.
WE’RE ALL ABOUT
We are passionate about our patient's comfort, and we are always striving to give you the best experience while you are in our office.
MEET OUR DENTIST
ALISSA ANTHONY, DMD
With unique energy and a positive spirit, Dr. Anthony provides our patients with quality dentistry while making her patients feel comfortable in the dental chair. Her entire team at 815 Dental Studio reflects her smiling, patient-focused and passionate approach to oral health.
YOUR FIRST VISIT at
815 dental studio
Experts in general dentistry, from cleanings and checkups to extractions, periodontal treatments, and fillings, we are also highly trained in cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, clear aligners, and other ways to give you straight white teeth.
Fitting and Sizing your Night Guard or Mouth Guard
The personalized fit of your guard is relative to the quality. Here are some examples:
- “One-size-fits-all.” These are retail mouthguards that are not custom fitted. These will suffice if you are a random teeth grinder.
- “Boil and bite.” With this retail option, you boil it in water and then bite it to create your own impression. It is easy to do, quite popular, and good for sporting activities.
- Order online. These are custom guards you can order online. You need to send in an impression, and the lab will mail back your fitted guard.
- Professionally Made. The best solution we can create is your guard right at 815 Dental Studio. Based on your situation, we can choose the appropriate density and firmness and provide an accurate fit because we create them in our lab.
If you think you might have a Bruxism issue, we can treat it with a night guard. It will be best to see us at 815 Dental Studio to let us identify the cause and correct that issue. For example, sleep apnea could be the underlying cause.
815 Dental Studio is All About Patient Satisfaction
Your total satisfaction begins with our services and skills, and we deliver results with advanced, innovative technology and clinical care. Your comfort and trust in our team and our efforts is critical.
Which is the logic in why we put an emphasis on a staff of highly capable, energetic, and genuinely nice people. A happy team results in happy patients.
Besides being the leading cosmetic dental practice in Northern Illinois, improving smiles with implants, Invisalign, veneers, and whitening, we provide general oral healthcare services daily to local families.
We are a confident and dynamic team, constantly expanding on our knowledge, our skills, and our dental technology to better serve you. Call us today about researching a night guard or a mouth guard. Our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio is a team that you will look forward to visiting for your 6-month checkups. Each member of our team is thoughtful, kind, and caring with all family members.