815 Dental Studio
Porcelain veneers are slim pieces of porcelain that cover the front surface of your natural teeth. These slender shells are bonded onto the teeth and are a cosmetic option to traditional crowns.
If you are wishing to improve aesthetic concerns regarding the color, shade, spacing, and even the size of your teeth, then you might want to consider porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are a common solution for cosmetic issues ranging from discolored, stained, broken, or chipped teeth, tooth spacing, and mild crowding.
Dr. Anthony and the entire, hand-selected team at 815 Dental Studio focus on bringing beautiful and healthy smiles to every family we get the opportunity to work with. We offer quality general family dental and cosmetic procedures services. We will manage your entire family’s dental needs. We are experts in all general dental procedures, from preventative cleanings and examinations to extractions, periodontal treatments, and restorations such as crowns and fillings. We are also skilled in numerous cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays, onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and other methods to improve and maintain your healthy and natural smile.
If you are interested in learning more about porcelain veneers for yourself, our phone number is 815-229-1110, and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio has assembled an amazing team providing superb dental services in a relaxing environment.
The Dental Veneer Procedure
There are three stages to the porcelain veneer process: the consultation, the preparation, and the placement.
- The Consultation- To confirm that you will benefit from porcelain veneers, you will begin with a consultation with 815 Dental Studio. By reviewing your goals and objectives at this evaluation we can determine if porcelain veneers are an appropriate option. If justified, we will review with you the veneer options and color shades.
- Preparation Phase- With your preparation appointment, we begin by creating room for the veneers to be placed on your teeth. To accomplish this, we remove a thin layer of the surface enamel. This procedure is painless, but we can offer you the option for anesthesia if you are feeling anxious. Next, your team at 815 Dental Studio will take an impression of your teeth to use as a guide to create your custom veneers. We will also select the appropriate shade of porcelain to match your current teeth or your selected color to correct discoloration. Your veneers will now be designed at the dental lab.
- Placement- The final appointment is gratifying. Your veneers are ready for placement, and you will soon leave with your healthy smile restored. First, we confirm the veneers match the color and shape desired. We can trim ever so slightly if they need slight modification. Once you have approved the veneers, we prepare your teeth by performing a general cleaning, polishing, and etching. Etching roughens up the front surface by using a mild abrasive dental liquid so the veneers adhere to the teeth. Finally, a bonding cement will be applied, and the veneers placed on the teeth. If the cement needs assistance in drying, a light will be used to quicken the process. When the cement has cured, your porcelain veneer restoration is completed.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are commonly used to correct:
- Teeth that are discolored or stained.
- Teeth with undesirable gaps between them.
- Teeth that are cracked, chipped, or broken.
- Stains from tetracycline or other drugs.
- Teeth that are uneven, misaligned, or irregularly shaped.
- Large dental fillings.
- Staining from excessive fluoride treatments.
- Teeth that have become worn down.
Porcelain Veneers Aftercare
You could experience some tooth sensitivity after your veneers are placed when enjoying hot or cold foods and drinks. This will subside in a few weeks but check with us if the sensation continues.
After restoring your healthy smile, you will want to extend the life expectancy with proper maintenance. If you grind your teeth, you should wear a mouth guard while sleeping. Veneers do not handle clenching and twisting and will result in cracking or fracturing. We will encourage you to avoid harder foods such as nuts or ice which can also cause stress on your veneers.
WE’RE ALL ABOUT
We are passionate about our patient's comfort, and we are always striving to give you the best experience while you are in our office.
MEET OUR DENTIST
ALISSA ANTHONY, DMD
With unique energy and a positive spirit, Dr. Anthony provides our patients with quality dentistry while making her patients feel comfortable in the dental chair. Her entire team at 815 Dental Studio reflects her smiling, patient-focused and passionate approach to oral health.
YOUR FIRST VISIT at
815 dental studio
Experts in general dentistry, from cleanings and checkups to extractions, periodontal treatments, and fillings, we are also highly trained in cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, inlays onlays, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, clear aligners, and other ways to give you straight white teeth.
Different Versions of Veneers Available
There are a few types of veneers available to restore your healthy smile. 815 Dental Studio will review your options at your consultation appointment to ensure we make the best choice for your lifestyle:
- Porcelain- The most popular choice, porcelain is durable and has an extended life expectancy. Ceramic layers are composed of enamel and dentin to mimic a natural look and a perfect fit. There is the removal of some enamel from your natural tooth with this method.
- Composite- If you are considering a more affordable restoration, composite veneers can be a reasonable option. There is little to no preparation needed before placing this restoration, and they can be just as effective in correcting aesthetic concerns. They will not last as long as porcelain.
- Prepless- This option requires no reduction with the natural teeth. Prepless veneers are extremely thin porcelain shells that lay over the teeth, much like traditional porcelain veneers. These may not be an option if you are hoping to correct several dental issues.
- Minimal Prep- As the name suggests, minimal prep veneers can be placed with just little preparation to the teeth. An exceedingly small amount of the enamel is still removed before the veneer placement, allowing you the option of keeping more natural tooth structure.
815 Dental Studio is All About Patient Satisfaction
Your outright satisfaction starts with our skills and services, and we will achieve your results with advanced, innovative technology and clinical care. Your comfort and your trust in our team and our efforts is essential.
Which is why we put an emphasis on creating a staff of highly capable, energetic, and genuinely nice people. A happy team will result in happy patients.
Besides serving as the leading cosmetic dental practice in Northern Illinois, improving smiles with implants, Invisalign, veneers and whitening, we provide general oral healthcare services daily to local families and patients.
We are a proactive and dynamic team, constantly expanding on our knowledge, our skills, and our dental technology to better serve you. Call us today about evaluating porcelain veneers for you. Our phone number is 815-229-1110 and you can find us at 1574 South Bell Road, Cherry Valley, IL, 61016. 815 Dental Studio is a team that you will look forward to visiting for your 6-month checkups. Each member of our team is extremely thoughtful, kind, and caring.